Western Horse Camp and Tipi Adventure
Horsemanship ● Riding Lessons ● Trail Rides ● Outdoor Skills ● Camp fires ● Games
The camps are designed for kids aged 10 to 15 who love horses, outdoor adventures and making new friends in a safe environment. The program is instructed and supervised by an experienced wilderness guide
Campers are taught basic Western riding skills as well as horsemanship and stable management appropriate for their age and experience. All campers will be awarded with a wilderness trail ride at the end of their stay. The program is highly based on safety and is designed to build self-esteem in a fun and comfortable environment, where youth will learn new skills and abilities. The campers take part in bow and arrow and target shooting, tomahawk throwing, roping, go on wilderness hikes, learn wilderness survival skills and wildlife awareness.
The program teaches theory and practical lessons taught an experienced wilderness guiding instructor and the ranch team.
The Program includes:
- 3 meals a day
- Beverages: Ice tea and fresh spring water
- Tipi accommodation
- Horsemanship: This will include from the ground up knowledge, safety, everything from parts of the horse to saddling and care of horses.
- Riding: Riding lessons and knowledge to know what to do in case of emergency.
- Wilderness skills: Survival skills, wildlife awareness, knots
- Nature walks
- Archery and target shooting
- Roping lesson
- Scavenger hunt on property
- Campfire cooking
- Wilderness Videos
The program might be slightly changed and adapted to the group.
Arrival day: Noon for lunch, departure day: after lunch
Daily Schedule (times might change):
- 9:00 am - breakfast
- 10:00 am - activities
- 12:00 pm - lunch
- 1:00 pm - activities
- 5:00 pm - free time
- 6:00 pm Campfire cookout
- 7:00 pm - campfire time combined with activities
This Program is also suitable for school trips, families or any small group, girl guides etc. who would like to have an overnight adventure in the country. An experienced instructor is available for the riding program.
This Camp is not fully supervised and not suitable for children and youth by themselves without adult supervision.
Recommended to bring:
- warm clothes (a jogging suit and socks are great for sleeping)
- warm bedding (better too much than too little)
- rain gear
- hiking boots and gum boots
- riding or bike helmet if you have one
- camera and batteries
|Prices for group rates
|3 day camp
Please contact the ranch for available dates and more information.